Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dog owner training 101

As part of my blog, I hope to share some of the wisdom I've compiled over the years in the field of training your owner. This is a long and arduous process which requires reverse psychology on a dog's part in order to ensure your owner doesn't catch onto your motives. For about the first six years, you will have to pretend you are the student, but once you get past that point, it's up to you to take the reins, let your owner know who's boss, and train them to do things exactly how you want them.

I will revisit this topic in future blogs, but for now, watch this video carefully and observe how I've trained my mother to give me treats when I come in from a walk. It takes patience and precise direction on my part (notice how I bark at a consistent pace to keep my mother focused on the task at hand). I'm working on getting my mother trained on better video editing, but she claims she needs a better computer to add subtitles. Maybe some of you readers can give her some technical advice.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Lucy! Just one question, How do you use a keyboard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let this get out Dan...my mommy is my ghost writer.

    ReplyDelete