Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Knock, knock, knocking on heaven's door


Okay, so for the most part, my blogs are usually funny and upbeat, but these past few days I've been really feeling my age. In just 10 days, I'll be turning 15 years old.

I attended a birthday party this weekend at a house with all wood floors. It was very difficult for me to get around. I am falling a lot more than usual lately. Yesterday, I was over at my friend Barkley's house eating some of her food and I fell on the floor pretty hard, spilling the entire dish of food all over. And today, I got a stomach ache and threw-up my breakfast. I know I'm not getting any younger. I love my mommy so much I can't stand the thought of leaving her all alone, but lately I'm just so tired, clumsy and forgetful.

I know the issue of how long I should live is weighing heavily on my mommy's mind. I suppose I don't make it any easier on her when I have my good and bad days. One day I'm knocking on heaven's door, and the next, I'm off hiking more than a mile. Sooner or later I know my mommy's going to make an appointment with the veterinarian and I'm pretty sure they're going to tell her she has to get me a new medicine, one that will be much pricier than the medicine I am currently taking.

So, how do you know when it's time? Since I can't tell my mommy myself, maybe some of my dear followers could give her some guidance or advice, or even just a little comfort as my final destination draws closer.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Just lets try summer Lucy. Everyone feels better in the summer...

    ReplyDelete